With the introduction of New Scouting the Youth section award schemes were developed to have a consistent look and feel. The subsequent training courses for Youth and Adult Leaders were also reviewed and upgraded in line with the changes to the award schemes.
The Adult Leader Training has taken into account the following:
- A training Scheme that showed outcomes
- A framework which ensured consistency
- All training to be assessed and monitored
- Flexibility in delivering training to leaders
- Training to visibly connect to the new Youth Awards Schemes
- Prior learning recognised if relevant to SCOUTS needs
- The training process to appear simple providing skills to survive a meeting night.